Saturday, October 10, 2026

I Attended a Resurrected Local Pro Hockey Team’s Season Opener

 The latest hockey game I attended as of Friday night did not involve the Sharks or any NHL-affiliated club, but rather my local pro team that made its return after a 17-year absence. The resurrected local team is known as the Falcons, and while they were formerly in the ECHL before disappearing for a bit, they are now in the FPHL, or Federal Prospects Hockey League. This particular game was their season opener against the Shock, and with it being a heavily anticipated event in my local area, it certainly made for a packed house and a lively arena atmosphere. 












Onto the game itself, where the Falcons defeated the Shock 7-2 in a lopsided barn-burner to begin their season. It was a goaltending duel for the first period, while the scoring barrage began in the second period. The Falcons scored five times in the middle frame and twice in the third period, while the Shock scored once in the second and once in the third. There were a few fights, hard hits, skirmishes, and injuries scattered throughout this contest as well. 














Other interesting aspects of this game include the decent amount of folks in attendance repping the Sharks, both past and present, along with cool ice projections featured before the start of the third period and running into a few friends while I was there. I also noticed that the digital scoreboard experienced glitching at times, and it seemingly took longer for the refs to sort out some stoppages compared to those in a typical NHL game. I will also try to better familiarize myself with the Falcons' players as I attend more of their games in the future. Overall, while it is not on the level of the Sharks or the NHL in general, the Falcons' season opener was definitely a fun experience, and I am looking forward to attending their next home game and at least a few more of their games later this season. Stay tuned to CPF Hockey for more of my personal hockey fan experience posts and San Jose Sharks updates. 


























You can further support my blog by checking out my merch here: CPF Store  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Attended a Resurrected Local Pro Hockey Team’s Season Opener

 The latest hockey game I attended as of Friday night did not involve the Sharks or any NHL-affiliated club, but rather my local pro team th...