Thursday, October 20, 2022

My Thoughts on the Sharks Reverse Retro 2.0 Jersey

 The NHL unveiled their Reverse Retro 2.0 jerseys for all 32 NHL teams. After plenty of teasers and speculation, they are finally here. 

As you may have already determined, the main focus of this post is specifically on the Sharks' Reverse Retro 2.0 jersey. Like the initial speculation suggested, it is inspired by the Bay Area's previous NHL franchise, the California Golden Seals and one of the primary jerseys this previous team wore back in 1974. Instead of "Seals" printed across the center of the jersey, it has "Sharks" in place in the same font. It also contains teal and yellow striping along the upper sleeves, wrists, collar, and waist, with numbers printed on the middle of the sleeves where the elbows would be. Like with every Reverse Retro 2.0 jersey, the NHL crest on the collar is outlined in orange instead of the traditional chrome. 

Ranking all 32 NHL Reverse Retro jerseys for 2022-23 

Onto my initial thoughts: the Sharks Reverse Retro 2.0 jersey is just okay. I don’t despise it, but I don’t love it either. This is especially since I am not a huge fan of white jerseys and primarily large print on the front of hockey jerseys. In addition, based on how this season is going and the past few seasons have gone, these new Reverse Retro jerseys might be a bad luck charm. The Sharks announced that they plan to wear these jerseys in six games in the next two months, so we’ll see how they turn out and if they’ll affect the Sharks on-ice performance. 

However, my feelings on the Sharks’ latest jersey are subject to change once I see the players wear them on the ice. As of now, I’ll give the Sharks Reverse Retro 2.0 jerseys a 7 out of 10, and I am in no hurry to get my hands on one anytime soon. 

Sources: ESPN, San Jose Sharks social media accounts 

P.S. Become one of the first to own a piece of my hockey apparel (pictured below) (Baseball merch now available as well): CPF Store 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Projecting the Sharks' 2024-25 Opening Night Roster

 The Sharks are halfway through their preseason slate of games, and further cuts are being made to their training camp roster. As I am earin...