Friday, December 24, 2021

NHL Delays Resumption of 2021-22 Season by One Day

 The NHL announced that they will postpone all games scheduled for Monday, December 27 and resume league play the following day. This is to ensure that teams are ready to play once they return to regular team activities after the extended Christmas break and to give the league enough time to analyze COVID test results across the league. 

As for the Sharks, their next game in Anaheim against the Ducks on Monday has officially been postponed and will be rescheduled to a later date. San Jose's next game is now Tuesday against the Arizona Coyotes at the Tank. 

What makes matters worse is that I had plans to attend Monday's Sharks game in Anaheim and already secured tickets to that game before it was ultimately postponed. I have no idea what will happen next with that particular game or when it will be rescheduled. As a result, I don't know if I will be able to attend that game when it gets rescheduled because school and/or work may get in the way. In addition, if school and/or work get in the way of me attending the Sharks-Ducks game at Honda Center, I should be able to get either a refund for the tickets I purchased and/or be able to get replacement tickets for a different game, but I don't know for sure until the Ducks make an announcement and we know for sure when this game will be rescheduled. On a more positive note, if I can still attend this game, the NHL should be in a better state with the pandemic when it gets rescheduled, which will probably be sometime in February. We'll have to wait and see, keep our fingers crossed, and stay optimistic.

Stay tuned for more updates on this developing story. 

Sources: NBC Sports Bay Area/California, NHL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Projecting the Sharks' 2024-25 Opening Night Roster

 The Sharks are halfway through their preseason slate of games, and further cuts are being made to their training camp roster. As I am earin...