The return of Sharks hockey is just around the corner, starting with the rookie faceoff showcase this weekend. Before it all officially gets underway, I want to give my predictions on what the Sharks' opening night roster will look like to start the 2026-27 season. These are based on how many of the returning players have performed last season, the additions the Sharks have made this offseason, and where I see each roster player fitting in the lineup. There will certainly be plenty of competition for the limited number of roster spots available, and I expect many of the players listed below to be locks to make the opening night roster, with a few spots still up for grabs. Without further ado, presenting how I see the Sharks' opening night roster for this coming season playing out:
Forwards:
Mason Marchment - Macklin Celebrini - Will Smith
Igor Chernyshov - Michael Misa - Ivar Stenberg
Tyler Toffoli - Alexander Wennberg - Kiefer Sherwood
Barclay Goodrow - Zack Ostapchuk - Collin Graf
Defense:
Darnell Nurse - Jacob Trouba
Sam Dickinson - Michael Kesselring
Luca Cagnoni - Dmitry Orlov
Goaltending:
Yaroslav Askarov
Alex Nedeljkovic
Extras:
Adam Gaudette
Ty Dellandrea
Nolan Allan
On a side note, prospects I can see potentially getting called up to the Sharks from the Barracuda at some point during the next season include Filip Bystedt, Quentin Musty, Cam Lund, Ethan Cardwell, and Eric Pohlkamp. Lastly, I would not be surprised if these opening night roster predictions are at least 90 percent accurate in about three weeks' time. Let me know if you would make any changes to my Sharks opening night roster predictions and what they would be in the comments.
You can further support my blog by checking out my merch here: CPF Store
No comments:
Post a Comment