Friday, April 19, 2024

My 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket Predictions

 Now that the 2023-24 NHL regular season has concluded, it's time to pivot towards the greatest and most exciting playoffs in sports, also known as the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Although my Sharks aren't in it, my emotional investment in hockey is still very high, and I am absolutely ready for the playoffs to get underway. Like I have done for the past three years, once the playoff match-ups have been officially determined, I enjoy giving my predictions on each series by participating in the league's playoff bracket challenge in a fun post. I present my bracket-style predictions in two forms: one based on what I want to see happen, and the other based on what I think will happen. Due to the nature of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, there will be some upsets and series results that most people won't see coming, and I expect that some of my predictions in this post will be wrong. As always, many of you may notice that I want to see some teams go on deep runs and other teams to not perform so well. No need to get upset at me if I go against your team or if my predictions are different than yours.

Without further ado, presenting my 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs bracket predictions, beginning with who I want to see advance followed by who I think will advance and in how many games: 

 

Who I Want to Advance:

First Round

Dallas Stars vs. Vegas Golden Knights: Stars

Winnipeg Jets vs. Colorado Avalanche: Avalanche 

Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators: Predators 

Edmonton Oilers vs. Los Angeles Kings: Oilers 

Florida Panthers vs. Tampa Bay Lightning: Lightning 

Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs: Bruins 

New York Rangers vs. Washington Capitals: Rangers 

Carolina Hurricanes vs. New York Islanders: Hurricanes 

Second Round

Dallas Stars vs. Colorado Avalanche: Avalanche 

Nashville Predators vs. Edmonton Oilers: Predators 

Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Boston Bruins: Lightning 

New York Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes: Rangers 

Conference Finals 

Colorado Avalanche vs. Nashville Predators: Avalanche 

Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New York Rangers: Rangers 

Cup Final

Colorado Avalanche vs. New York Rangers: Rangers

 

Who I Think will Advance + How Many Games: 

First Round

Dallas Stars vs. Vegas Golden Knights: Stars in 7

Winnipeg Jets vs. Colorado Avalanche: Avalanche in 6

Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators: Predators in 6

Edmonton Oilers vs. Los Angeles Kings: Oilers in 7

Florida Panthers vs. Tampa Bay Lightning: Panthers in 7

Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs: Bruins in 7

New York Rangers vs. Washington Capitals: Rangers in 5

Carolina Hurricanes vs. New York Islanders: Hurricanes in 6

Second Round

Dallas Stars vs. Colorado Avalanche: Stars in 7

Nashville Predators vs. Edmonton Oilers: Oilers in 5

Florida Panthers vs. Boston Bruins: Panthers in 7

New York Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes: Hurricanes in 7

Conference Finals 

Dallas Stars vs. Edmonton Oilers: Stars in 6

Florida Panthers vs. Carolina Hurricanes: Panthers in 7

Cup Final

Dallas Stars vs. Florida Panthers: Panthers in 6


Happy Playoffs Season to those who celebrate!

You can further support my blogs by checking out my merch (sample pictured below): CPF Store 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Projecting the Sharks' 2024-25 Opening Night Roster

 The Sharks are halfway through their preseason slate of games, and further cuts are being made to their training camp roster. As I am earin...