Tuesday, October 4, 2022

My 2022-23 NHL Regular Season Standings Predictions

 


The NHL regular season is just around the corner, and to prepare for the upcoming season, it's time to give my standings predictions. Like in the past two years, I will predict how each NHL team finishes at the end of the regular season in their respective divisions. However, I won't consider how many total points each team will end up with come the end of the regular season. As usual, the top three teams in each division make the playoffs, and two additional teams from each conference get in via the wild card. 

In addition, I don't expect every prediction of mine to be correct due to the NHL's wildly unpredictable nature. Due to how the past three seasons went for the Sharks and the moves they made this past offseason, I don't expect San Jose to be a playoff team, but I hope they prove me wrong and surprise many in the hockey world. Without further ado, presenting my 2022-23 regular season standings predictions: 

Atlantic

1) Tampa Bay Lightning

2) Florida Panthers

3) Toronto Maple Leafs

4) Boston Bruins

5) Ottawa Senators

6) Detroit Red Wings

7) Buffalo Sabres

8) Montreal Canadiens

Metropolitan

1) Carolina Hurricanes

2) New York Rangers

3) Pittsburgh Penguins

4) Washington Capitals

5) New York Islanders

6) Columbus Blue Jackets

7) New Jersey Devils

8) Philadelphia Flyers

Central

1) Colorado Avalanche

2) St. Louis Blues

3) Nashville Predators

4) Minnesota Wild

5) Winnipeg Jets

6) Dallas Stars

7) Arizona Coyotes

8) Chicago Blackhawks

Pacific 

1) Calgary Flames

2) Edmonton Oilers

3) Los Angeles Kings

4) Vegas Golden Knights

5) Vancouver Canucks

6) Anaheim Ducks

7) San Jose Sharks

8) Seattle Kraken 

Although my expectations for the Sharks are lower than before, I can't wait for another exciting and eventful NHL season!

P.S. Become one of the first to own a piece of my hockey apparel (pictured below): CPF Store

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Projecting the Sharks' 2024-25 Opening Night Roster

 The Sharks are halfway through their preseason slate of games, and further cuts are being made to their training camp roster. As I am earin...