Monday, April 11, 2022

I Bought a CoolHockey NHL Adidas Jersey Mystery Box for the First Time

Ever since I first saw Neil of Post2Post Productions on YouTube open and promote CoolHockey NHL Jersey Mystery Boxes, I have always wanted to get my hands on one, primarily as an experiment. It has finally happened, and the one I ordered arrived Sunday morning. 

For those of you who may be unaware, the NHL Jersey Mystery Box has been a popular featured item that CoolHockey.com offers roughly a few times a year and tends to sell out pretty quickly. As for my mystery box, I would be okay with most jerseys for most teams except the LA Kings, Vegas Golden Knights, and Anaheim Ducks. This would also be my first NHL jersey produced by Adidas in my jersey collection. The other hockey jerseys I currently have are Sharks jerseys produced by Reebok and Fanatics. Regardless of what jersey I receive, it would make for a great collector’s item. 

Now for the moment we’ve all been waiting for: The jersey I received in my first-ever NHL Adidas jersey mystery box is a blank Pittsburgh Penguins home jersey. 


This wasn't the first jersey I thought I was going to unbox before I found out what it was, but for being my first Adidas NHL jersey and for someone like me who wants to build his jersey collection, this is a solid pull. The Penguins were one of the teams that I would be okay with getting a jersey for, and their primary home jersey is a great-looking jersey. Although I may not wear it that often, I plan to keep the jersey, especially for my quest to watch all 32 NHL teams play in person. I probably won't get a name and number stitched on the back of it, but if I were to, I would have either Sidney Crosby's or Jake Guentzel's name and number stitched on there. 
 
Overall, I don't see this as a complete waste and I can't complain. I am also happy that I didn't get a Kings, Golden Knights, or Ducks jersey in the mystery box. If I received a jersey of one of the Sharks' three biggest rivals in this mystery box or if that happens in the future, I would contemplate selling the jersey to try to get my money back. If you are a hockey fan and want to try your luck with NHL jerseys, I highly recommend buying a CoolHockey Mystery Box when they become available. However, I wouldn't recommend it if you only collect merchandise for your favorite team or don't enjoy taking risks. I would consider purchasing another CoolHockey Mystery Box in the future, but I won't be getting one every time they become available. Their unpredictable nature and guaranteed prize factor are what make them so exciting, special, and worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Projecting the Sharks' 2024-25 Opening Night Roster

 The Sharks are halfway through their preseason slate of games, and further cuts are being made to their training camp roster. As I am earin...