Tuesday, October 5, 2021

My 2021-22 NHL Regular Season Standings Predictions

 We are about a week away from the start of the 2021-22 NHL season, and that means it's time for my annual regular season standings predictions. 

As with last season, I will list my predictions based on how I think each team in every division will finish the regular season. I won't include any final records or point totals with the standings. However, as you may already know, the NHL has returned to its regular divisions and 82-game schedule, which is the way it should be. In addition, the Arizona Coyotes have moved to the Central Division with the addition of the Seattle Kraken as the NHL's 32nd team.

One final disclaimer: I don't expect every prediction of mine to be right or taken seriously. In fact, I hope some of them are wrong at the end of the regular season. There are always at least a few surprises every season, and I am looking forward to finding out what they end up being in 2022. 

Without further ado, here are my standings predictions for the 2021-22 NHL regular season. I'm super excited that hockey is back! 

Atlantic Division 

1) Tampa Bay Lightning

2) Boston Bruins

3) Florida Panthers

4) Toronto Maple Leafs

5) Montreal Canadiens

6) Ottawa Senators

7) Detroit Red Wings

8) Buffalo Sabres

Metropolitan Division 

1) Washington Capitals

2) Pittsburgh Penguins

3) New York Islanders

4) New York Rangers

5) Carolina Hurricanes

6) Philadelphia Flyers

7) New Jersey Devils

8) Columbus Blue Jackets

Central Division 

1) Colorado Avalanche

2) Minnesota Wild

3) Dallas Stars

4) Winnipeg Jets

5) St. Louis Blues

6) Nashville Predators

7) Chicago Blackhawks

8) Arizona Coyotes

Pacific Division 

1) Vegas Golden Knights

2) Edmonton Oilers

3) Calgary Flames

4) San Jose Sharks

5) Seattle Kraken

6) Vancouver Canucks

7) Los Angeles Kings

8) Anaheim Ducks

P.S. I will hold off on Sharks News and Notes posts for the time being unless there is a major headline, breaking news, or anything of significance released that will impact the Sharks' regular season. Team Teal is currently in the middle of their preseason, in which these games ultimately don't matter or mean anything except for which depth players will prove themselves to make the opening night roster. 

Stick around for more hockey content coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Projecting the Sharks' 2024-25 Opening Night Roster

 The Sharks are halfway through their preseason slate of games, and further cuts are being made to their training camp roster. As I am earin...