Friday, May 14, 2021

My 2021 Stanley Cup Playoff Predictions: First Round

 The Stanley Cup Playoffs are just around the corner, and while the Sharks may not be competing for the Stanley Cup this year, I still plan to keep close tabs on the playoffs because I care a lot about the rest of the NHL, and there is nothing in all of sports quite like the Stanley Cup Playoffs. 

Now that the first round match-ups have been determined, this post will feature my predictions for the first round of the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs. Before I share those, a refresher: the first two rounds this season will be intra-divisional play until the Stanley Cup Semifinals, which will feature one team from every division this season. As for my playoff team preferences now that the Sharks' season is over, I want the Lightning, Capitals, Avalanche, and Maple Leafs to be the final four teams in the semifinals. I also listed in the previous statement the specific order of who I would be cheering for in this year's playoffs. There will be other teams I will attach myself to if none of my top four preferences advance that far. Ultimately, I would be okay with any of the teams in the playoff pool winning the Cup this year except for the Golden Knights. 

My first round predictions will be as objective and unbiased as possible. Just because I think certain teams will advance to the second round doesn't mean that I want them to. Due to the NHL's unpredictable nature, I don't expect to get every series prediction correct. Without further ado, here are my 2021 Stanley Cup First Round series predictions:

East

Islanders vs. Penguins: Islanders in 6

Bruins vs. Capitals: Capitals in 7

Central

Lightning vs. Panthers: Lightning in 6

Hurricanes vs. Predators: Hurricanes in 5

North

Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens: Maple Leafs in 6

Oilers vs. Jets: Oilers in 7

West

Avalanche vs. Blues: Avalanche in 5

Golden Knights vs. Wild: Wild in 7

I plan to watch as many playoff games as I can this year regardless of series or outcome. Can't wait for what the playoffs have in store for us this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Projecting the Sharks' 2024-25 Opening Night Roster

 The Sharks are halfway through their preseason slate of games, and further cuts are being made to their training camp roster. As I am earin...