Saturday, January 9, 2021

My 2021 NHL Season Predictions

 The 2021 NHL season is just around the corner, and despite the unusual circumstances, I can't wait to see what's in store for the new season. In this post, I will give my predictions on how I think the teams will finish in their new divisions at the end of the regular season, with the top four in each division advancing to the Stanley Cup Playoffs. 

I don't expect my predictions to be perfect or taken too seriously, and I tried to be as unbiased as possible when making these. The NHL is the most unpredictable of all the major pro sports leagues, and there are always at least a few surprises around the league every season. Anyway, here are my 2021 NHL season predictions by each division: 

West Division  

  1.  Colorado Avalanche
  2.  Vegas Golden Knights
  3.  St. Louis Blues
  4.  San Jose Sharks
  5.  Arizona Coyotes
  6.  Minnesota Wild
  7.  Anaheim Ducks
  8.  Los Angeles Kings

East Division  

  1. Washington Capitals
  2. Boston Bruins
  3. New York Rangers
  4. Pittsburgh Penguins
  5. New York Islanders
  6. Philadelphia Flyers
  7. Buffalo Sabres
  8. New Jersey Devils

Central Division  

  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  2. Carolina Hurricanes
  3. Columbus Blue Jackets
  4. Dallas Stars
  5. Florida Panthers
  6. Nashville Predators
  7. Chicago Blackhawks
  8. Detroit Red Wings

North Division  

  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  2. Edmonton Oilers
  3. Calgary Flames
  4. Montreal Canadiens
  5. Vancouver Canucks
  6. Winnipeg Jets
  7. Ottawa Senators


No comments:

Post a Comment

Projecting the Sharks' 2024-25 Opening Night Roster

 The Sharks are halfway through their preseason slate of games, and further cuts are being made to their training camp roster. As I am earin...